Play Legends of Ultima
To play Legends of Ultima, you must first own a copy of Legends of Aria and a Citizens Pass. While the game is free to play, it requires the Citizens Pass in order to play any community servers. If you do not already own an account, follow the links below to create an account.
Notice for Steam Players
The game is available for purchase on Steam, but it can be difficult to manage your account in some cases, and using multiple accounts with Steam is not supported. For this reason, we do not recommend players use Steam to buy the game. However, if you have already purchased the game on Steam, you will still be able to play on our server.
Creating an account & purchasing Citizens Pass
- If you do not already have an account:
- If you have an account but need to buy a citizens pass:
Buy Citizens Pass
When viewing the LOA Shop, please know that only the Citizen Pass works with community servers. Other DLC or content or account mods work only on the official LOA servers
Downloading and playing the game
LOA Dashboard Download Page
Legends of Aria Launcher
- To download the game, visit the LOA Dashboard
- After logging in on the LOA Dashboard, there is a widget labeled Download Legends of Aria, shown in the picture below
- Click Download Now to download the game launcher.
- Run the downloaded file and it will install the LOA launcher
- Once the installation has completed, run the Legends of Aria launcher and it will begin updating your client files to the latest
- After some time, the files for your client should be updated and the launcher should say "Client version is up to date. Press Launch button!", you may now click Launch
- Go to Logging in to Legends of Ultima
- Tip: Untick "Verify Integrity" in the patcher after you've successfully launched the game and confirmed you can play. This will skip the lengthy scan that occurs every time you open the launcher. Turn it back on if you have crashes or errors playing the game.
If you have issues with the launcher, or it updates too frequently, you can try the standalone client.
- From the LOA Dashboard choose the text link, "Problems running the launcher? Click here", below the Legacy Download button. That will download the standalone client in a ZIP archive.
- Unzip the Legends of Aria client ZIP to a folder somewhere, example: C:\Program Files\Legends of Aria
- After unzipping the folder, create a shortcut to your desktop, if desired, for the Legends of Aria.exe file
- Run the shortcut, if you created one for, or open the file directly Legends of Aria.exe to open the game and go to Logging in to Legends of Ultima
Logging in to Legends of Ultima
LOA Server Selection Screen
- After first loading the game client you will be greeted with the login screen where you will need to enter your email address and password, or for Steam users simply click Login
- Once logged into your account, click on the Community Servers tab where you will see all of the community servers listed
- From the Community Servers list you can select Legends of Ultima or LOU Test Center and then click Enter World
- After connecting you will be able to create a character or select one of your existing characters